Canada wins in singles 2-0 to Dominican Republic for Davis Cup in Toronto


TORONTO, Juan Carlos Cordero, UNO International News Service.-
Canada has won 2-0 in singles to Dominican Republic for Davis Cup in the city of Toronto. First it was Peter Polansky that gave the first point in a match to four sets against Jhonson Garcia. Then, the young Thornill star, Milos Raonic, put the second dart in the Caribbean team, winning his match against Victor Estrella, in more than 3 hours and five tense sets.

"Stay there, stay for the team, we have great goal, go for the Davis Cup World Group next year!", said Milos Raonic confessing that he felt that he could go over 72-70 in the final fift set against Victor Estrella, of Dominican Republic. The score was: 5-7, 6-2, 3-6, 7-6 (7-3 in the tie break) and 9-7 in a dramatic final fifth set.

Tomorrow, Canada will play the doubles with Frank Dancevic and Daniel Nestor (World Champion in doubles many times) versus the Dominican Luis Delgado and Jose Hernandez. A victory will keep the Canadian team in the Americas Zone I.

Victor Estrella confessed that "to overcome the 2-0 advantage that Canada has would be really difficult. They are 2-0, play as local team with their public and fans, and they have a great team. We will do what we knows better: to play and try to win in doubles and overcome the difference, difficult, very difficult but not imposibles. Milos Raonic played really well today, congratulations. He got my hand in the fourth set, I missed two forehands and he came back. Well, today is today and tomorrow is tomorrow, we will give a 200% to win".

Milos Raonic was having a lot of pain in the 4th and 5th sets, how is he feeling now?" Well, very good. I had a heavy pain in my leg in the fourth set, then in my wrist, but I was able to continue. How do I put myself through? The moment took over, the pain passed and my coach told to focus on the ball, in the emotions and all we have trained and worked. The pain in the wrist affected in my serve, but being behind the ball and not focusing in the pain, I could win".

Canadian squad captain Martin Laurendau commented that "I told Milos to focus in the hours in all the training, the hours in the gym, that in the fifth set simply he gets the emotions involved. Tactically, I said to him that holding the serve and taking some few chances in the return, being a little bit agressive, he would win. He managed the pain and now he has put everything in the bag of experiences".
You have read this article with the title Canada wins in singles 2-0 to Dominican Republic for Davis Cup in Toronto. You can bookmark this page URL http://meingeilesich.blogspot.com/2010/09/canada-wins-in-singles-2-0-to-dominican.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...