Canada won first point in Davis Cup against Dominican Republic

Peter Polansky gives Canada 1-0 lead in Davis Cup



Peter Polansky of Canada captured the first point for the Miele Canadian Davis Cup team in their tie against the Dominican Republic on Friday. Polansky faced-off against Jhonson Garcia, the No. 2 veteran player on the Dominican Republic team. Polansky took the match in four sets with a final score of 7-6(4), 4-6, 6-3, 6-3.
“The conditions were tough out there and I thought he played a heck of a game,” said Polansky. “I really had to focus but I’m glad that I got that first one. At the beginning I was following his game, a lot of slices, low balls, not easy to manipulate. During the second set, I got frustrated and lost it, but I got him in the third and fourth, being very agressive, attempting more shots. The key against Garcia was to stay agressive. Certainly, being at the US Open and now before this small crowd, it is not the same, but the David Cup is really important, I am playing good tennios and I will take that on Sunday for my second singles. ”
The youngest member of the Canadian team, Milos Raonic will take to the court next as he will compete against the No.1 player on the Dominican Republic team Victor Estrella. Estrella is a veteran player with a lot of Davis Cup experience and is currently ranked No. 257 on the ATP World Tour. However, Raonic has been playing solid tennis and this will be an important match for him to win as it will put Team Canada up 2-0, which means Canada will only need one more point for the win over Dominican Republic.
You have read this article with the title Canada won first point in Davis Cup against Dominican Republic. You can bookmark this page URL http://meingeilesich.blogspot.com/2010/09/canada-won-first-point-in-davis-cup.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...