LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES: Usain Bolt, the world’s fastest man and face of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, vows to make a dramatic statement


Usain Bolt, the world’s fastest man and face of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, vows to make a dramatic statement at the London Games and seal his legacy with the 100 metres event looming on Aug. 5.
“This will be the moment, and this will be the year, when I set myself apart from other athletes in the world,” Bolt told the Guardian newspaper in London.
“A lot of legends, a lot of people, have come before me. But this is my time.”
The 25-year-old Jamaican has struggled recently and he’s already lost this year to his compatriot, friend and rival Yohan Blake.
Two months ago, Bolt ran the worst 100-metre race of his professional career and recorded a time of 10.04, winning despite failing to break 10 seconds for the first time in three years.
Then he lost last month in the 100 to Blake, who won in 9.75, 0.11 faster than Bolt. Later, Blake defeated Bolt in the 200 metres, a distance over which the Olympic champion had been considered “unbeatable” for years.
“It gets annoying but, after a while, you get used to people making their own comments and just judging you,” Bolt said. “But I’m always positive. I know what I want. I know what I am capable of. But it makes you stronger when you have to work so hard to get better and you have to go through all these trials. So I don’t stress. I just focus on what is necessary.”
Bolt is eager to prove his doubters wrong.
“I’ve been saying this for years,” he told the Guardian. “This will be the moment . . . this will be the year . . . this is my time.”
RELATED:
Jamaican sprint factory producing some of the fastest runners on Earth

Sprinting giants U.S., Jamaica renew rivalry

Jamaica has high hopes for its athletes





 
You have read this article with the title LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES: Usain Bolt, the world’s fastest man and face of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, vows to make a dramatic statement. You can bookmark this page URL http://meingeilesich.blogspot.com/2012/07/london-2012-olympic-games-usain-bolt.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...